Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Scale Scribblings...

Since DARS' next contest Megalaunch is just a couple of weeks away, I have been working on my sport scale bird. There are many things one must remember when building any scale model, not the least of which is documentation. To help me in this area, I usually use Peter Alway's Rockets of the World!

I purchased my copy at a NARAM many years ago, and I have used it like crazy since then. I actually bought it in the parking lot of the flying field, straight from Peter's car trunk. He was kind enough to sign it for me as an added bonus.

The book is laid out by country of origin of each prototype and features scientific vehicles only (no military, except where that vehicle was used in scientific research). Each prototype has a short write up about it, and then a scale line drawing, which includes details such as rivets and paint scheme. All illustrations are black and white.

I have to say, if I only had one rocket book in my collection, this would be it. It is still in print by ARA Press and can be ordered online at http://www.arapress.com/rotw.php
 

The hardback copy. Mine is spiral bound, which helps with copying.

Mine is signed....
An example of the excellent illustrations
Until next time fly em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment