Thursday, January 5, 2017

Where There's Smoke...

This week I decided to show you another member of the "to be built pile" that I picked up a few months ago at the local Hobby Lobby. The Estes Nike Smoke!



This is the 1/10 scale version, not the really big one. Still, I've always liked the looks of the Nike Smoke and with my 40% off coupon, the price was downright reasonable!

Although this is the smaller kit, it still has a respectable size, being about two feet tall. The nose cones on Nike Smokes are always the star of the kit, and this one is nice (although not overly detailed). I'm not a fan of the balsa fins, since getting a scale wedge sanded into them is going to be tough. I'm also not a fan of the 18mm motor mount. I see a 24mm in this kit's future!

When will that be? Heck, I don't know. I have so much going on and so many other kits in the pile, it might be a while. Still, it's a nice kit that looks to be a fairly simple build so it may be sooner than later.

There you have it! Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment