Friday, June 6, 2014

Two Random Pictures

Well the title about sums it up. I was scrolling through my phone and these two pictures caught my eye. First, we have this one...


Now there are several interesting things about this photo. First, I'm not sure who took it. I think it may have been Suzy Sprague, but I'm not sure (we were at their house, after all). We were building about a zillion Saturn 1B's for the Apollo 7 celebration, and silliness had set in a while back. Second, I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing (which is often the case). I seem to be attempting to glue eight fins to one spot on that poor rocket. A time saver for sure, but not exactly scale! Note the "tub 'o fins" sitting on the table in front of me. We had LOTS of parts laying about! Actually this pic brings back lots of great memories about building sessions that were tough, but fun as all get out!

Next we have this:


It's my dog, Alex. She has nothing to do with this blog, but I thought it was a cute picture. So sue me.

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

<<<UPDATE>>>

The mystery photographer had been identified! It was Chas Russell! He kindly sent in these additional shots from the same day!:

Ok, that other picture WASN'T the silliest!
John Dyer on the assembly line!
James Gartrell added his many skills to the project!

1 comment:

  1. Great memories for sure!!!! It was marathon build sessions for several weekends.....priceless!

    ReplyDelete