Thursday, September 3, 2015

Meet George Jetson!

We've been looking at some plastic models lately. Some converted to fly, and some not. This week, we look at a "not." In about 2004, Polar Lights released The Jetsons' Spaceship. I think I would have called it a "Space Car," but that's just me. I found one at Hobby Lobby soon after it came out and I snatched it up!

There are some kits that make you immediately start to plan about engine placement, nose weight, etc. There are others that are cool enough to be shelf- sitters. This is the latter. The huge bubbled saucer shape, with almost no interior, makes flight conversion pretty impossible.

That being said, it is a great model anyway. The kit is beyond simple. It only has about 10 parts, it is all pre-painted, and it goes together in about 30 minutes. For that complete lack of effort you are rewarded with a cool little space car that hosts the complete Jetson clan! (Come on, you know you want to sing that theme song!) My only gripe is that the stand is a little wimpy. Mine broke, but I was able to fix it, so no harm, no foul.

Here are the pictures!





So there ya have it! Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment