Monday, January 7, 2019

The Re-Rebirth of the Star Trek Starter Set Rocket Upscale- Finale!

Well, I worked through the weekend and it payed off! The STSSR is re-reborn! Here are picture from the final push!

First, I glued the fins back on. I did them one at a time, allowing the epoxy to fully set on each fin before going on to the next step. It was actually very easy to replace the fins, since the old epoxy on the motor mount served as a guide for the fin to "snap into."

I also applied the fillets to each fin as I installed them. Normally I do all the fins at once, but in this case finishing each individual fin in order seemed easier.

All of the fins installed! 

And now time for paint!

Step one- turn rocket into mummy.

Paint applied. I used the same Rustolium yellow and just hoped it would match.

And she's back!!! The yellow matched perfectly! 
It just goes to show you; if you're stubborn enough, you can do anything!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment