Monday, October 21, 2013

The DARS Classic Part IX.....



Well, The DARS Classic has come and gone yet again, and it was  (as usual) tons of fun! The weather decided to be kind to us this year, so we weren't in danger of going hang gliding using the EZ-Ups as wings. The theme was right up my alley (and yes, I DO actually have an alley) being Sci-Fi. There were tons of great models there and, as usual, it was kind of luck of the draw as to which ones caught the public's eye. Still that's all part of the fun! I will post more pictures on Gary's page, and I will leave it to Gary to give everyone the full rundown in the newsletter, but here are a few of my favorite things (sorry, no gumdrops and kittens).



Establishing shot: The rocket table. There were lots of great models this year! Note multiple Space Arks and a certain TWA model photo bombing in the back...
 
Chas Russell shows us all how a Maxi Alpha III is Supposed to look! RETRO, Baby!
Speaking of retro, how about a beautiful Estes Trident? It had a great flight!
After six tries, my Maxi Colonial Viper finally takes to the skies! Black powder is MUCH easier to light than AP (at least for me).
The Klingon Empire will long tell of the bravery of these fallen heroes..... I can't say more...tearing up...
Sam Barone's take on an SR-71. It had an inboard C and outboard A's. Probably the coolest one I have ever seen...

Run a contest for nine years and what do you get? A t-shirt! Actually, a very cool classic DARS t-shirt! Jack and Suzy Sprague award Gary Briggs for a job very well done! 
Well that's it for this year! By the way, there is a comments section at the bottom of the blog for any feedback you might want to leave (be kind, please). Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

8 comments:

  1. The Trident was built and flown by Chris Bender! Great job, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stuart for all your help throughout the day for the last few years. I really appreciate the help as it keeps me sane (or at least saner) when things get crazy.
    GB

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Gary! Thanks for going through this every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for the great SR71 picture Stu. Gary (and you) ran a great Classic this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too! I'm planning on stealing the idea!

      Delete
    2. Me too! I'm planning on stealing the idea!

      Delete