Monday, December 9, 2013

Cardboard and the Conquest of Space

A fellow DARS member sent in the following picture in response to my GI Joe Space Capsule entry. It seems he wanted to show me up...and he did! Now I've seen ads (and actual pictures) for cardboard submarines and tanks, but this one was new to me. Here is the picture:

An intrepid DARS member heads into space!
 Looking up the name on the side of the craft (ain't Google grand?), I found this:

Ad for the above mentioned spacecraft!
As far as I can tell (which isn't much) Power Mite II was a GE brand of photo bulb...and a totally cool space capsule! Cross promoting at its finest! The comic book promoted both items quite well. I wish I had more than the first page. Maybe someday... sigh...

Anyway, your job, STB readers is to figure out who our astronaut is! The first reader who correctly identifies the mystery space explorer will win something grabbed at random out of my rocket room when I rush to the meeting. You must attend the meeting to win, since I don't want to mail it....whatever it ends up being...I really don't know...

So until next time, fly 'em fast and high!!!

5 comments:

  1. And the winner of the easiest contest ever is....Gary Briggs! He pointed out that George Sprague actually posted this to DARS General. So much for me trying to be sneaky! Still, it's a really cool space capsule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone actually paid attention to that post? Wow

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anybody have any idea how much it is worth?

    ReplyDelete