Monday, June 15, 2015

DARSTAR... A Couple More Glances Back

Well, high grass and rain over the weekend postponed DARSTAR XI until next weekend (we hope...there is still a lot of rain in the forecast). So, I dug out one of the old photo albums and found these bits of history.

Although no pictures seem to exist of DARSTAR I, here are a couple from DARSTAR II! First, we have Ted Mahler prepping his Pogo (which flew great, by the way!)


Next, we have Sam Baxter's Lunar Lander that took first place at DARSTAR I. I think it did the same thing at DARSTAR II!


Finally, we have a real piece of history! A pre-internet method of advertising an event called a "post card." This one is for DARSTAR III!


So there you have it! I actually have some pictures from other DARSTARs and I just might have to use them if the weather doesn't get better! Don't cross me! I'll do it!!!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment