Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Death of the Zonker...

Some of you may remember a few years ago when I did an article about my one and only attempt at using a wrapping paper tube for a rocket. Never in my life had I put so much work (not to mention F&F) into a body tube. Finally after what seemed like days and days, I created The Screaming Yellow Zonker!

The Zonker was a simple rocket. Body tube, plastic nose cone, and a plastic fin can were really all there was to it. I slapped on some yellow and black paint and a home-printed decal and she was done.

She flew great, however. Her 24mm motor mount let me use Estes D's and E's. She really did scream!

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and so it is with The Zonker. Did she crash gloriously in flight? Did she cato into bits in front of hundreds of awed spectatators?

No....I stepped on her. Right on that blasted tube. Now, I could probably fix her, but I can't bear to think about that much work...So I'm retiring her. Maybe someday...




Until next time fly 'em fast and high!


No comments:

Post a Comment