Tuesday, December 13, 2016

When Hot Wheels Could Fly...Part Two

A while back I featured an item produced by Mattel back in 1971 to try to cash in on the Hot Wheels craze...Hot Birds! In that post I showed you my plane, the Regal Eagle. However, I found another one on eBay a few months ago and since it had a very small price tag (under ten bucks, including shipping) I went for it!. Here, therefore, is my second Hot Bird, The Cloud Hopper!

This one is interesting because it's a turbo-prop! I like the intake mounted in the tail!

The condition of the paint is pretty rough on this one (hence, the tiny price tag) but it is complete and not dented. You can get air brush spectra-flame paint online... Maybe a repaint is in order?

A look at the landing gear! Note that all Hot Wheels products were copyrighted the year before they were released. This can cause some confusing in dating them.
So there you have it! Sometimes things just fall in your lap! If I decide to restore it, I'll post pictures.

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment