Thursday, December 22, 2016

One of the Coolest Clone Kits Ever!

Apparently, years ago, the members of DARS got together and produced (just among themselves) a clone of the original Estes Saturn IB. This kit included all of the original wraps and even the decals. All in all, it made for an incredible kit!

Now, this must have been during about a five year window when I was not involved with the club, because I didn't know anything about it until I got this kit from a former member.


As you can see, it's actually a great kit! As you can also see, I haven't built it yet. However, it IS in the build pile, and will be finished one day. I like the idea of doing the model "old school," as it were. I never owned this kit, but I built its big brother, the Saturn V from the same time, and I know it's tough! I may need a little luck on this one!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!


No comments:

Post a Comment