Thursday, February 9, 2017

Wrapping Up a Scale Bird!

About a year ago I got an Estes Little Joe II kit. Of course I haven't even thought about starting it yet, but recently I purchased a little something to get me pushed in the right direction...

My kit....

The purchase!

Detailed instructions

General wrap instructions...
Yep! I got the Accur8 scale wraps! The advantage to the wraps is that they give you details that would be very difficult to model otherwise. They are printed on self-stick vinyl so they are pretty tough and they look great!

They are made and sold by John Pursley, who is both a skilled graphic artist and a noted authority on all things Apollo. In fact, he points out that these wraps model the last round of the Little Joe II, although he's working on earlier rounds. Also rumor has it that Saturn V wraps are in the works!

By the way, he also has some really cool fantasy wraps for Estes kits. Do a search on EBay for "Accur8" and see for yourself!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment