Wednesday, May 17, 2017

este tlhlngan may'Duj! (The Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser!)

A couple of days ago, James Helman (of NAR Facebook group fame) mentioned that he would like to build an old Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser. This simple statement resulted in a thread that covered where to get one, how well they fly, how hard the build is, etc....

In the thread, I posted this:


Which is my bird soaring into the blue Texas sky! I thought today I'd share a few more...

A top- down view. The lines on this model make it very distinctive!

What you don't want to see in your rear view mirror if you happen to be named "Kirk!"

The power plant bay... I love the angles of the wings and engine pods!

The belly of the beast!
 I also remembered that I happen to have a bagged original release example! Here you go!
The front. Interestingly, the pictures of  Kirk and Spock are the same as on the Star Trek Starter Rocket.

Unbuilt bits and pieces. This is a fun build, but it can be fairly challenging. 

So there you have it! If you haven't built one of these, I highly recommend it! You can find boxed examples of the anniversary edition on eBay for around 30 bucks. I say go for it!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment