Sunday, February 18, 2018

Odds and Ends

Ever so often my friend George Sprague will send a photo to me to hopefully spark a blog post. Well, he's been up to it again, so let's take a look, shall we?


First, we have the Monogram Missile Arsenal...because every kid needs to be able to launch ICBM's. This kit (or kits, I guess) really shows how focused society was on missile, rockets, and space flight in the 1960's. Notice the Willy Ley plug and 32 page missile book. Although I'm pretty sure that some of these missiles were single tiny pieces of plastic, it would still be a cool kit to build!

Next we have...well, I'm not sure. Maybe it was supposed to fly, buy maybe it was supposed to shoot across the water? Either way, I have trouble seeing how this could end well...


Hey, it worked after all!
Ok, actually this is a fantastic shot of a shuttle launch. It kind of reminds me of the wonder that our hobby taps into.

Thanks, George! The check's in the mail like you asked!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment