Sunday, February 11, 2018

Rocket Stash Surprises

There are times when the wind is cold and the rain is falling when a trip to the ol' rocket stash is in order. This trip was really to start planning on my next project, which I did (Sirius Rocketry Eradicator), but I also found something I had forgotten about. Under tons of kits, I found this:



Yep, the Ovation 35 kit by Custom Rockets. The Ovation 35 was released to celebrate NARAM 35.

Now, I didn't actually go to NARAM 35, so I don't really remember how I got this kit. The kit is a pretty straightforward competition model (which makes sense for a NARAM model) that should perform very well if built. However, mine will stay safely tucked away in the stash.

By the way, if you don't remember NARAM 35? Here is what the NAR web site says about it:

NARAM-35 1993, Frederick, MD
Tom Lyon, CD
A Div: Shaun Smith
B Div: Andrew Miller
C Div: Glenn Feveryear
Team: Ren & Stimpy (Evan “Buzz” Nau & Al de la Iglesia)
Section: Launch Crue, Holland, IN

Until next time fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment