Saturday, January 27, 2018

Maxi Alpha III Bash...The Conclusion!

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I posted about my kit bash, but the weather finally cooperated and I was able to actually paint! Therefore, let's jump right in!

First, I painted the body tube. I painted the nose as well, just because I wanted the red paint to cover the black plastic completely.

I also painted the fin can white. Interestingly enough, the fins bled through red. Why? Heck, I don't know- after all they were black. But, since they were going to be red anyway, it was no biggie.

A couple of days later, I added the red. It actually "popped" more than I thought it would. 
Waiting for decals...

...and after stickers from Mark at Stickershock! A vintage early 1970's Alpha III, only bigger! A BT 80 means it's just shy of 33 inches tall!

Well, there you have it! I actually think the modified "fin can" was worth all the work. It really looks like a plastic fin section. She'll fly with 24mm motors, just for fun. Now I've just got to get her in the air!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment