Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Star Spangled Independence Day!

Today marks The United States' 238th anniversary! And Britain said it wouldn't last a day over 163... Anyway, before I head down to Main Street to watch the sky explode in celebration, I thought I would share a topical picture from the STB vaults. Here ya go!


This late '80s picture is Martin Catt posing with my North Coast Rocketry Star Spangled G Bird! Actually, I think he was trying to keep it from falling over, since we were using VERY wimpy launch rods. (hey, mid power had just started to happen, we didn't know any better...) Anyway, this was the only flight of the SSGB, since it landed in a grove of trees and then vanished. (I still suspect those punks on the dirt bikes!...you know who you are!)

So what does that have to do with the Fourth of July? Well, not much really, but it was a really cool rocket, and that paint job was kinda tough, so I'm just showing her off.

So have a safe and happy 4th, and until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment