Sunday, August 31, 2014

Of Collecting, The End of the World, and Dixieland Jazz...

Because of our side business, I do a bit of buying and selling. However,  sometimes items fall into the "buy" but not "sell" category.  For example, a couple of weeks ago I found this (along with other cool space related items) at a garage sale...

New, in shrink wrap...Score!
Of course I snapped it up! You see, I had to because it went so well with one of my other finds (that I already had)...

From the George Pal estate....
Yep, my Firehouse Five Plus Two album autographed by Ward Kimball to George Pal...

For those of you who might not have followed the jump in logic; George Pal directed "When Worlds Collide." Ward Kimball was a Disney artist who also lead a Dixieland band. He and Pal became friends when Kimball was put in charge of directing the Tomorrowland episodes of Walt Disney's "Disneyland" tv show. When worlds collide, indeed!

So there you have it; collecting for science nerds! And I didn't even bring up the other space stuff I got at that sale...Maybe next time!

Until then, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment