Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Odyssey Odyssey.....

This week's post is a follow up on a post done a while back, in which I bravely told about a project that I was planning. Usually I don't do things like that because, let's face it, there might be a pretty good chance that it ain't gonna happen. In this case, I had done exactly nothing on the project except dream about it, but I put it all out there anyway... I said I was going to clone my old Estes Odyssey!

Fortunately, I actually followed through! I purchased an Estes Dark Energy kit off of eBay (if you can't find it on eBay, you probably made it up). I then ordered the decal set from Gordon at Excelsior Rocketry (Gordon is a cloner's best friend...and does great upscale decals too!) Both arrived in a couple of days and I was in the Odyssey business!

Here are the pictures from my venture:






Well, there she is! She took third place at the DARS Classic Classic, which is pretty good considering the competition! She still hadn't flown, but I hope to fly her soon!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment