Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DIY Starship Plans!

Ok, not exactly. But if push came to shove, these might help some advanced alien species replicate a Federation Starship. Obviously such information must be a closely guarded government secret, which makes it all the more unusual that I received these plans for Christmas when I was a kid.

The year was 1975 (I think) when my mom gave me these:








I have kept these blueprints safely tucked away in nondescript bookcases for years, so that hostile aliens (I'm lookin' at YOU, Klingon!) wouldn't think to look there. I guess now the cat's out of the bag, though. So, if I should suddenly go missing, you know what happened.

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

4 comments:

  1. Stu, your "nerd cred" goes off the charts with this one. Fantastic. And much respect to your Mom !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Stu your "nerd cred' goes off the charts with this one. And much respect to your Mom !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having one of these IN MY HANDS at the toy store at the Nut Tree in Vacavillee, CA, in 1975. I almost bought it, but then opted for the Star Trek Colorforms set instead. My reasoning was actually pretty sound for a six-year-old - there was more play value with the Colorforms set. But now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you were right, Chuck. The reason I still have mine is that you really can't play with it. In fact, the pages are so big, it's even hard to look at it! But, it's still cool and the detail is incredible!

    ReplyDelete