Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Favorite April Fools Picture

Well April Fools comes around but once a year, but it is always a festive occasion in Blogworld. One of the best of the best at the April Fools blog is Major Pepperidge over at Gorillas Don't Blog. This year he ran a "best of" series, and while I certainly encourage you to check it out, I borrowed my favorite for my little ol' blog. Actually, this is the second time I've borrowed it, since I ran it in the newsletter a few years ago when it first came out. So, without further blithering from me here is my favorite April Fools picture with commentary by none other than Major Pepperidge himself!


The good Major states, "It's still my favorite! The original slide was vertical, but I wanted more room for the rocket to fly in, so I cropped off some of the bottom and  painted in some additional sky. Then I found a decent photo of the Moonliner (I needed to see pretty much the whole thing), and altered it to look as if it was up above us, with the legs in the "closed" position. Next I found a nice exhaust plume from an Ares rocket launch, and spent quite a bit of time trying to make it look like it was behind some elements, and in front of others, so that it felt like it was inside the park. Then I added a bit of extra glow around the base of the rocket to make the blast feel hot and bright. There are some things I might do differently these days, but I'm leaving it be."

So there you have it! Have a fantastic week and fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment