Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mickey in Tomorrowland!!!

In honor of the theatrical release of Disney's newest movie Tomorrowland (which I have yet to see) I present one of my few Tomorrowland items! I give you, the Tomorrowland Mickey Rocket Cup!!! (add stirring music of your choice at this point)




Ok, maybe it's not quite worth a huge build up, but it's still pretty cool. The cup stands about 8 inches tall and, I assume came from Walt Disney World in the '70s or '80s. I'm basing that guess on the fact that the other items I picked up with it were from there and about that time. The cup is made of super dense styrofoam with heavy plastic fins, handle, and top.
You don't see too many of them around, and there is another version (with blue fins and top, a red handle and a picture of Mickey apparently walking on the moon ) that is more common.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it could be converted to fly.

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment