Monday, June 1, 2015

Mickey in Tomorrowland!!! (Part 2!!!)

Well, in rummaging through all of my junk....er...."treasure," I happened across another example of The Mouse hanging out in Tomorrowland. This time, he is actually in the rocket (although it really doesn't look much like a rocket). I, therefore, give to you....Space Mountain Mickey!!! (If you could read that last bit with lots of echo in your mind, it would really help me build the drama here. Thanks.)




This item was included in a McDonalds Happy Meal exactly 20 years ago. How do I know? Well, on one side of the "space ship" it says "Disneyland 40th." Disneyland is celebrating it's 60th this year. You can crunch the numbers.

Actually there were seven of these viewers in all, and I have all seven (Why wouldn't I?) As you can see, this one features a view of Space Mountain. It was hard getting a picture of that slide. If you really can't see it that well, just take my word for it.

As I said before, I really don't think it looks much like a rocket. I also don't think it looks much like the Space Mountain ride vehicles, but I guess they tried. Its still a pretty nifty piece that I kind of forgot I had.

No, I do NOT think it would be easy to convert to fly.

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment