Thursday, November 12, 2015

How to Kill a Concept

In 1986 Testors came out with their vision for a stealth fighter. Pulling from the wealth of design cues provided by the stealthy SR-71, they came up with their own concept model, the F-19 Stealth Fighter.

As she appeared at Michaels MJ Design...
So when it came out, I did the only logical thing; I tried to fly it! Now, never mind the fact that it was just about the least "rocket-like" model I had tried, I was going to go for it! So, after adding a lot of nose weight, a recovery system and a C engine, I loaded it into my custom made tower and...

Lift off!!!

Splat down!!! I wasn't fast enough with my camera to catch the 2 seconds of looping "flight."
Well, there you have it! She never did fly. Still, you don't know until you try....I guess....

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment