Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Luck is in the Stars...Trek

Every once in a while things just turn out really cool. Take, for example, when several years ago I ordered an Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser off of eBay. The example that I purchased was pretty darn cheap due to the fact that it apparently was found in a flooded basement. The box was rotted and warped, as were the exposed rocket parts. However, the only tough to replace parts were 1. plastic or 2. in plastic bags. Yep, the tubes and balsa were shot, but the decals and plastic parts looked like they were fine!

When I got the package in the mail, I quickly opened it to see if I had made a good deal....and saw something a bit odd. There was an extra plastic bag that looked a lot like this:


It was obviously not part of the Klingon, but what was it? Then I found this:


Yep, in addition to my Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser, I had a complete bagged AMT U.S.S. Enterprise from TNG!...with the instructions! Bonus!

Now, it has been several years, and I still haven't built the kit. However, some day I probably will. Until then, I can look at it and remember that sometimes good things just happen...and that can be pretty uplifting on tough days!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment