Monday, February 29, 2016

Space....50's Style!

A few days ago, my friend George Sprague sent me the following picture:


It turns out he found it on Etsy and thought I might find it cool (which I obviously did!) I did a little research (very little) and found out that although I thought it might have been a recent takeoff on what a 1950's coloring book might have been like, it, in fact, really was published in 1953. I love the subject matter, which seems to focus on our "Space Husband" and "Space Wife" arguing over directions on some distant planet. (Note who has the map). In the background looms one of those really cool 50's space ship that makes no scienticic sense, but gets all kinds of style points.

You can actually purchase a poster of this comic book cover on eBay, and the book itself seems to come up every once in a great while. So, thanks to George, I now have something else to check my favorite online garage sale for!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment