Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I'll Trade You an Apollo 13 for Two Liberty Bell 7's!

You never know what you are going to find at estate sales. This past weekend, I was poking around one and in a box in the garage I found these:





Yep, NASA approved space related trading cards! These SpaceShot cards came out in 1991, right about the time when the trading card fad was booming. It seems like everything was getting put on a trading card and people were even buying them up as investments! (It didn't work, I got the whole box for 50 cents...which is about the going price)

Still, they are pretty cool, and feature some nice pictures and interesting facts about the space program. These are Series Two, which seems to indicate that there was a Series One (you can't fool me!). If you want a set, you can pick up a box on eBay for a few bucks (again, NOT good long term investments).

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment