Sunday, September 4, 2016

Mars Attacks!

In 1996, director Tim Burton brought an all-star cast together to parody 1950's B-movie sci-fi. The results were...mixed. I remember liking it on one level, but also thinking that it could have been much better. Still, Tom Jones alone is worth the trip in my estimation, so if you haven't seen it, I say give it a shot! (You may or may not be able to find the whole movie on youtube...just saying...)

The item I have for you today once belonged to Bob Wilson. I got it from his stash soon after he passed away, and I value it for that reason more than value it for what it is. Still, it's pretty cool in its own right. Let me introduce you to...

When your ambassador comes with a chaos ray blaster, you know diplomacy isn't a priority....

Other cool stuff you could get!
Yep, it's the Martian Ambassador with his blaster! He can defeat anything except Slim Whitman...(you gotta see the movie to understand that, I'm afraid). All in all he spices up my rocket room quite a bit!

Speaking of Bob Wilson, there is a contest in his honor coming up soon. Keep watching DARS General for more details!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

2 comments:

  1. After seeing this film, I've never heard Slim Whitman in the same way again. He and Tom Jones are my favorite musical action heroes - even more than KISS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah "Kiss and the Phantom of the Park!" Cinema was never the same after that one!

      Delete