Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Upgrading the Estes V2

A while back there was a wave of activity on the NAR Facebook group about painting V2's. I posted a picture of an Estes V2 that I had modified for a contest a few years ago. Well, flash forward to today and I stumbled across a data packet that I made for that model. Therefore, I thought I would share the contents of the packet with my STB readers!

By the way, I would be remiss to not tell you that I got ALL of my data from Peter Alway's "Rockets of the World" and the wonderful site V2ROCKET.COM.

Here are some pics!

The cover page!

A list of the modifications done to make the Estes kit closer to true scale. I didn't mention nose weight, but it's in there!

Here is the data from V2ROCKET.COM

The Alway drawing...

The color scheme from the web site.

...complete with modeling info!
The final product!
There you have it! I hope these resources help you on your next V2 build! Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment