Saturday, October 21, 2017

Star Trek Starter Rocket Restarted!

Well, it's been a rough row to hoe, but we made it! The Star Trek Starter Set Rocket Upscale is reborn! As I said before, it was actually a little harder rebuilding her than it was to build her in the first place. The issue is that you need to do things like removing old glue and paint and (if possible) straightening bent parts.

Of course you can also tweek issues that might have been missed on the original build. For example, this rocket is actually 3/4 inch shorter. That makes it closer to true scale. Also, the fin decals are now on the correct fins (as seen in the catalog). It is just a little detail I missed the first time.

I found out that my wife Laurie is actually better at applying the Stickershock wraps than I am! I think she may be a little more patient. (I guess she needs to be with me around!). Anyway, she put on the main wrap, and I put on the fin decals.

Here are the pictures of the final build!

Using my trailer as a painting stand...

Laurie's handiwork!

The final product! (Note the cameo by the Pturpledactyl Jr.)

So there you have it! Now to get her back in the sky! Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

1 comment:

  1. Damm you. Now I need to build a Generic EX2 and order the stock sized wraps for mine.

    ReplyDelete