Sunday, October 15, 2017

STSR Update...

"STSR" stands for "Star Trek Starter Rocket" for those of you who may be wondering.

Well, I am progressing with my rebuild of the rocket. I was able to make some pretty good progress this weekend. How much? Well, I'm glad you asked!

I installed the new engine mount and glued the fins on. No high tech fin jig here, just a straight edge and masking tape! That's a 54 mm convertable mount (38mm and 29mm also). 
All four fins are on, and all internal fillets are finished. I beefed them up from what I had on the crashed rocket. I also put the rear centering ring in. The fins and rings are from the crashed rocket. 
Then I added the external fillets. Since the internal fillets were so massive, these could be a little smaller. If you look very closely, you can see the rebuilt ejection piston sticking out of the other end. I had to replace the coupler part, but the bulkhead and shock cord were fine.
And there she is! Next comes paint and Stickershock's beautiful wrap! By the way, extra points to anyone who can identify two other PML rockets in this picture...
So there you have it! Hopefully by this time next week she'll be finished...but I don't want to jinx it. Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment