Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fun With Decals.....

Now that we have discussed how to make decals, and where to buy custom decals, I thought I would show a couple of examples based on that old Estes favorite, Der Red Max. The Max has been a hit for Estes ever since it first appeared, and when something is that popular, you just know there will be knockoffs.....er......tributes.

The first example is something that I whipped up a number of years ago. I took an Estes Screaming Mimi and made some new decals with my printer and suddenly Der Screamin' Max was born!





I was amused anyway.....

If you don't want to go to the trouble of making your own decals, then how about using Excelsior Rocketry's cool Estes Big Daddy mod? With a bright red paint job and these cool decals, your Big Daddy becomes Der Grosser Vati!!!!


Truly an extremely cool model!

So now you see how cool just changing up the decals can be! Hopefully this will inspire you to create some of your own weirdness!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment