Friday, February 13, 2015

Collecting Toys...A Requiem

In the late 1990's Kalmbach Publishing (of Model Railroading magazine fame) put out what was, in my mind, the greatest tribute to toy collecting ever; Collecting Toys magazine. I happen to have the complete run, including the "test issue" that was released to judge interest in the magazine. My copies are not all in pristine shape, since I read and reread them many times, but I'm still proud of them!

The magazine mainly focused on boy's toys of the 1960's and 1970's. Of course, with that focus, the space toy craze had to be featured more than once! Today I'm sharing a few pictures from those magazines. There are actually many more articles on the subject, but these are good examples.




Unfortunately, Collecting Toys stopped publishing many years ago. You can still find issues on Ebay, however, and I suggest picking up a few! The writing is fun and top notch!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment