Friday, February 27, 2015

Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!

Today I want to share another part of my sci-fi collection with you; my Trendmasters B-9 Robot from "Lost in Space!" Trendmasters released this little item in 1997, when the big screen version on "Lost in Space" came out. I remember that I wasn't totally sold on the revision of the classic series (although the retro blaring trumpet end credits were cool) but I loved the stuff that was released to stores to promote it!

This robot really has nothing to do with the movie, since its actually the classic tv series version. This is perfectly fine with me, as the movie version had zero cool factor for me. I snapped him up when I saw him at the store, and he has guarded my office ever since.


He actually does say the "Danger! Danger!" phrase, plus "I detect an intruder is present." He has back and go action, and appropriate flashing lights. I tried to put a video of him on here, but it didn't work. Oh well. You can still find these guys on Ebay in the box,  but they are a little pricey. Still, he's a fun guy to have around, just ask Will!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!



No comments:

Post a Comment