Thursday, January 28, 2016

The DARS Winter Intergalactic...A Few Notes

Well, the DARS Winter Intergalactic has come and gone, and it was a really good contest! For those interested in such things, the results were:

A Streamer Duration
1st- Jack Sprague
2nd- Suzy Sprague
3rd- John Dyer
4th- Bill Gee

A Parachute Duration
1st-Chas Russell
2nd- Andrew Conders
3rd- John Dyer
4th- Stephan Pierce

A Helicopter Duration
1st- Jack Sprague
2nd- Stu Powley
3rd- John Dyer
4th- Chas Russell

Open Spot Landing
1st- David Shultz
2nd- Suzy Sprague
3rd- Andrew Conders
4th- Jack Sprague

Meet Champs
1st- Jack Sprague
2nd- John Dyer
3rd- Stu Powley
4th- Chas Russell

(Note: It really helps to do well in a heavily weighted event!)

Here are a few pictures I got from the day:

I flew my Zoom Broom for Open Spot. It came apart. Fail.

This looks tragic, but it's just a saucer going from "up" to "down."
I flew my Estes Odyssey clone for one of my parachute flights. Good move. It was the only flight that qualified for me!

There was plenty of time for sport flights too! This is my Red River Rocketry Merlin flying on an F...

Bill Gee's Red River Rocketry P-Chuter turned in a good time!
All in all, we all had a blast! If you couldn't make it out, we'll be flying another one soon!

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment