Wednesday, April 13, 2016

To Save or to Fly...Star Wars Version

Part of the problem with collecting model rocket kits is that in all reality they were never meant to be collected. They were meant to be built and flown. Therefore, there is always a conflict when one views their collection....a bit of guilt. These birds should be FLYING! But, if you build the model and fly it, you can lose it forever....

One such model that always catches my eye when I open the rocket drawers is my Estes X-Wing. Here it is...



There are reasons that this might actually be a good builder kit. First, it's not a first release, it's the 15th anniversary edition. Also, the packaging isn't in great shape. It has some tiny tears and tape that I don't dare pull off. Lastly, it's just a really cool model!

However, there is one big reason not to build it. As long as it's in the package, it's safe. Nothing terrible will happen to it as long as it's in the drawer. So....back in the drawer it goes...again and again.

Maybe one day I'll build it, but not today

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

Be sure to check out my other blog, Stu's Attic.http://stusattic.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment