Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Retro-Rocket News!

I was digging through some old paperwork last night and I came across this:


The 1986 Winter edition of Model Rocket News from Estes! I have had this forever, but I thought I'd share some interesting (at least to me) stuff out of it. By the way, I actually like the design of the rocket on the cover...


MRN had some good articles, such as this one on staging. Young (and even older) rocketeers could learn some good science from these.


Of course, the main reason for the magazine was to sell model rockets. These ads are especially nice to look at today...ah, memories...


One of the coolest things about "old school Estes" were the free rocket offers. It blows my mind that I could have gotten a free Aerospace Club kit for spending twenty bucks. What a deal!


This was a very interesting feature detailing where a lot of the old NASA equipment was at the time. I wonder how much of it is still there?


Again, they were mainly selling model rockets, so here's what was NEW in 1986!

I hope you have enjoyed our walk down memory lane! Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment