Monday, August 15, 2016

A Wonderful Kit I Never Built...

Welcome back to STB! This week we're going to take a look at a kit that has bugged me for years....but soon shall no more. The kit I'm talking about is the 1999 version of Estes' Saturn V!




My lovely wife bought me this kit for our first anniversary almost ten years ago. I had spotted it at Bill's Hobbies in Irving and since the first anniversary is "paper," it seemed perfect!

Now, at the time the kit had been out of production for about eight years and each year that passed something happened....The kit got more and more collectible...Which meant that it got more and more difficult to think about opening it...much less building it!

You must understand,  I love the Estes Saturn V. I've been quoted as saying it's one of the best kits Estes ever produced. At 37 inches long, even the box is impressive. I've built two Saturn V's over the years. I WANT to build this rocket!!!

Now, I may have a chance to have my cake and build it too! Estes is releasing it again! That means I can keep my unopened 17 year old collector kit...and build the new kit guilt free!!!

Yep! I now know what I want for Christmas.

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

2 comments:

  1. I have one of these, still in its shrink wrap. Didn't build it to keep as a collectable, because just never got around to it. Should be putting up for sale soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tempted to open mine, but I can't make myself rip off that shrink wrap!

    ReplyDelete