Monday, August 29, 2016

Official Shot Glass of Steely Eyed Missile Men

In this week's STB, we take a look at an item that I picked up years ago at a flea market. I give you, the official White Sands shot glass!


Now, instead of "a shot of redeye" (whatever the heck that is) I've stuffed it with cotton so you can see the logo better. This is the same logo they use today, so I can't be sure how old the glass is. I do know that is seems like the museum gift store doesn't carry them any more (although you can get a coffee mug...but how rough and tough is that?)

I like the thought of test pilots knocking one back after a crazy dangerous test....but they probably wouldn't have used a souvenir glass.... Anyway, it's a romantic thought. Mine just sits on the shelf.

Someday, I hope to get out to White Sands (my wife has been).

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment