Monday, August 1, 2016

Fun With Paper!

Hello campers! This week's blog post is a day late (and a dollar short) due to my having to play shade tree mechanic yesterday. Ah, tis life. Still, we've got a pretty good one this week...

Paper models!!!! Now, I know that technically almost all model rockets are made (at least partly) of paper. However, several years ago while roaming the ol' interwebs, I stumbled across the world of paper models.

Paper models were not unknown to me. After all, I had the Gulf Oil LEM model as a kid (and have a framed, unused copy in my office now). But now you can download these models and print them out yourself...usually for free!

How do they look? Well, here is a V2 that I printed out and put together a few years ago. I didn't do a great job on it, but it still looks pretty good:


Also, I'm sure you could convert these to fly pretty easily.

If you would like to look at a few that are offered, you can start here http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_real.html

Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment