Saturday, August 20, 2016

It Was The Summer of '77....

When you have a business of buying and selling collectibles, sometimes you run into interesting items that you weren't expecting... Ok, a lot of times you run into items you weren't expecting....which is what makes it so much fun!

For example, a while back I bought a nice stack of '50s and '60s Hot Rod magazines and 60's and 70's Mad magazines. In the middle of the bunch, I found this:



Yep, Star Wars was the hottest movie of the year and People Magazine was doing their best to capture some of that glory (as was literally everyone else in the entertainment industry). I shot pics of the article. If you click on the pictures and zoom in, you should have no trouble reading it. Also, note the ads. Always good stuff there!





And as an added bonus, I found these drawings inside the magazine. Obviously, this was owned by a true fan! He was pretty good at drawing too...


I probably won't sell the magazine because it's not in great shape, and I think it's cooler than what I could get for it.

So there you have it! I hope everybody enjoyed our little trip down memory lane! Until next time, fly 'em fast and high!

No comments:

Post a Comment